CFE Equipment Corporation is looking for a full-time mechanic with experience in heavy equipment and/or forklift maintenance to partner with our client in Thurmont, MD. Position working at the client’s location in Thurmont, first shift. Must be able to do preventative maintenance, inspect, troubleshoot, diagnose and repair various types of Material Handling Equipment such as: Forklifts, Lift Trucks, Scissor Lifts, Sweeper Scrubbers, Dock Plates. Will be working on a daily basis with client’s supervisors and staff, customer service is a must. Candidate must have experience creating and managing their own PM schedule to keep up with with fleet maintenance.
– Ideally 3+ years proven forklift equipment repair as well as a variety of other material handling equipment.
– Experience with online apps, iPad technology
– Winning attitude and great communication skills
– Proficient electronic, mechanical and hydraulic repair knowledge
– Willingness to learn new methods of working with others and on equipment
– Ability to read codes, instructions, electrical and hydraulic schematics
– Electrical troubleshooting a must
– Must possess own tools, with necessary additional tools provided
– High School Diploma or GED preferred
– Valid drivers license and clean driving record with Department of Motor Vehicles
– Selected individual will be required to pass a criminal history background check and drug screen.
– Ability to move about the shop and yard to access equipment
– Constantly operates machinery and tools such as: drills, hammers, screwdrivers
– May ascend and descend ladders and other lift equipment to install, troubleshoot and repair customer equipment.
– Constantly positions self to install, troubleshoot and repair customer equipment.
– Must be able to detect, inspect and reasonably assess when installing, troubleshooting and repairing customer equipment.
– Frequently will move equipment and/or tools up to 50 pounds to/from company vehicles, yard, and shop.
– Frequently communicates by phone, email, text, iPad or in person. Must be able to exchange accurate information.
Compensation and Benefits
At CFE we are “employee-centric” and firm believers that our people make us great, so we take great care of our people! CFE has an industry leading compensation and benefits program to include:
– Benefits start after 1 month
– Competitive salary
– Medical, Dental, Vision coverage
– Life Insurance and Disability coverage
– 401(k) with company match after first year
– Boot allowance and uniforms
– Paid Vacation and Holidays
CFE considers applicants for all positions without regards to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability or other legally protected status.